Gluten free and sugar free !
Make 1 layer cake or 12 cupcakes
- Does not contain the top 7 allergens (wheat, buckwheat, dairy products, egg, peanut, and crustacean, etc)
- This plain Sponge Mix is not only gluten free but free from milk and peanut making it ideal for those on a free-from diet.
- Using only two additional ingredients this mix makes deliciously light cakes for any occasion that the whole family will love - they’ll never guess it’s gluten free!
- In just a few steps, and with only eggs and oil, this Sponge Mix will make one layer cake or 12 cupcakes.
How to make?
1. Pre-heat the oven.
2. Rub some oil around the inside of two 23cm/7” round cake tins or insert a baking liner.
3. Measure the sponge mix into a mixing bowl.
4. Break the eggs（or egg repalcer) into the bowl, add the oil and beat everything together until smooth.
5. Divide the mixture between the prepared cake tins and smooth the top with a knife.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and the sponge springs back when touched.
7. Turn out the sponge layers onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
When cold, spread one sponge with jam and place the other on top.
Sieve the icing sugar over the cake and serve.
sugar, rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, maize flour, buckwheat flour, raising agents (mono-calcium phosphate, sodium bicarbonate), thickener (xanthan gum)
Country of Origin: UK